Saturday, September 20, 2014

Addicted to Sock knitting

If you've been following this blog, you'll know about my attempt to knit 12 pairs of socks in 2012. . .  Well I almost made it but didn't complete all 12.  The problem came when I suddenly had no urge to knit on a sock project.  I just go tired of them.  Recently I joined a sock knitting group on Facebook.  The members keep posting all these amazing pictures of finished socks which got me inspired.  So I cast on and with in a few days I had a sock!



The pattern is Sailor's Rib from the book More Sensational Knitted Socks.  

After I cast on for the second sailor's rib sock. . I got start-itus again, and cast on this puppy. . .

This pattern is from the same book, but more on that once I have them done.

Yeah. . check out that yarn. . you've seen it before. . .  This is one of my hand dyed yarns that I talked about in a previous post ;) 
I made it using two different kinds of Kool-aid and I had lots of fun doing it.  Knitting up this sock seems more satisfying then any other sock I've knit up. . probably because it's my own yarn.  Gives me the warm fuzzes!

No comments:

Post a Comment