Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Written on January 18, 2011
Welcome to Woolly Banter! This is my second attempt at writing a blog. My first attempt, Knit and Run, was about . . . well, me. Going off the title though it was about me trying to become a RUNNER . . . Gasp! I was a walker, then a walk/jogger, then a couch potato. Running took too much time from my knitting, just joking. Well actually I’m not but that is not the reason why I stopped jogging. I stopped because I’m lazy, allergic to exercise, couldn’t find the right shoes, whatever the excuse. I couldn’t be patient with my body. I wanted my endurance to magically be better, my legs magically stronger, and my weight to magically go down. That’s a lot of wizardry just for a workout. So that’s why I’m not blogging about running any more. So there.
I wanted to start writing about knitting because I have this strong urge to share my quirkiness and love of yarn with the rest of the world. Maybe I’ll meet other people, maybe I’m wasting my time, maybe I’ll be famous, join the inner circle of amazing knitters, and become Stephanie Pearl-McPhee’s BFF. . .but whatever happens, I hope that I can be more consistent with my writing. For the record; I DO NOT have internet in my own home. So I can’t post every day unless I find the time (and an open coffee shop with internet) to post my blog. But I’m going to try to post at least once a week if not more.
But enough of that jazz lets actually write a blog. This go around it’s about my New Year’s Resolutions. And yes I said resolutions with an ‘s’ on the end, as in multiple. In 2008 my resolution was to learn to knit. I got a Wal-mart gift card for Christmas and used that to buy an “I can’t believe I’m Knitting” kit. It had two sizes of needles, a bunch of cable needles (like a beginner is going to use those), notations, and a book. The book was retarded. So I bought Debbie Stoller’s Stitch n’ bitch; The Knitter’s Handbook.  here Thank you Debbie for being so awesome!!! By Jan 3rd I was a knittin’ and a purln’ my little heart out. So this year I decided to make multiple resolutions. I have a #1 resolution and then a bunch of smaller ones. My #1 is to create the habit of always rinsing my plate/cup/bowl out when I’m done eating. So far, it’s worked. I’ve read that it takes 40 days to create a new habit. It hasn’t been 40 days yet but I’m pretty satisfied with my work so far. Maybe next year my goal will be to put the pre-washed dish in the dishwasher? The rest of my  resolutions are all craft related. I want to finish a cross stitch picture for myself (because I’ve never made a cross stitch anything for myself). I want to double the amount of members of my FaceBook Stitch N Bitch group to 50 members (that’s “Manhattan SnB”, if you want to join, just look us up!). I also have a large amount of small items I want to make for Christmas presents 2011 that I have spaced out throughout the year so that each month I’m finishing a project for Christmas. And the final resolution, the one that may not be even close to attainable is to sell some handmade items on Etsy.com. That one makes me want to cry. I want to be independent; I want to make money that has nothing to do with my real job. I want my real job to be a professional knitter.

1 comment: